Automated Machinery / Metal Fabrication
East Tennessee has long been recognized as a region of people who know how to make things. Advanced manufacturing has maximized this attribute for decades, tapping and enriching a diverse skill set that includes the most advanced technologies.
Advantages range from easy access and an excellent location to advanced materials research at the University of Tennessee and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory to a business-friendly climate as a right-to-work state that offers competitive wages and workers compensation rates.
These advantages combine with competitive, reliable power and excellent training resources to make our region an excellent location for the advanced manufacturing industry.
Advanced training is available at:
- The University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Center for Intelligent Systems and Machine Learning
- Nationally ranked College of Engineering
- Research and development in robotics and automation
- Interdisciplinary Additive Manufacturing Research