A robust water infrastructure, reliable electricity, a supportive State government and an advanced transportation and logistics network make the Knoxville region an exceptional location for the for the food processing/packaging industry.
Situated at the juncture of I-40, I-75 and I-81 ,the region’s geographic location provides easy access to raw materials the ability to quickly transport products to market.
The 15-county area offers:
- Excellent geographic location at juncture of 1-40, I-75 and I-81 for easy access to raw material and transportation of product to market
- Located within one-day's drive of 70% of US market
- Abundant supply of municipal water
- Excess capacity in water and sewer systems
- Electrical power generated by TVA providing customers 99.99% reliability since 2000
- 1500+ miles of natural gas pipeline capable of delivering 1.86 Bcf/d of gas per day
- Rail service by Norfolk Southern and CSX
- Barge service on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway System
- Strong automated machinery and metal working sectors for manufacturing of food processing equipment
- Growing and trainable workforce
- Very favorable business climate