Distribution and Logistics
An excellent transportation system for moving goods, a trained and affordable workforce and a pro-business climate make the Knoxville region an ideal choice for the distribution/logistics industry.
The State of Tennessee ranks No. 1 in the Southeast and sixth in the nation for employment in truck transportation and tenth for warehousing and storage employment.
Our central location gives quick access to both customers and suppliers.
- Located at the juncture of I-40, I-75 and I-81, the region is within a day's drive of 70% of the US markets
- I-40 Major east-west freeway spanning 8 states from North Carolina to California
- I-75 The major link between the Southeast and the Great Lakes
- I-81 Connects I-40 in Tennessee to the Canadian-US border
- The University of Tennessee's globally ranked Supply Chain Management/Logistics program
- Rail service by Norfolk Southern, CSX and local short-line railroads
- Barge service on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway System
- Permits access to 22 states
- Access to deep water ports on both the Eastern seacoast and the Gulf of Mexico
- Regional airport with more than 120 daily flights to 22 major US destinations
- Up-to-date cargo freight complex
- US Customs Port of Entry and Foreign Trade Zone designation
- More than 250 motor freight companies and brokers in the region
- No personal income tax on wages and salaries