With the world-class research and development facilities of the multi-program science and technology Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the premier research opportunities at the University of Tennessee, the 15-county Knoxville-Oak Ridge region has become a center of expertise for advanced composites materials.
- One of five federally designated innovation hubs focused on advanced manufacturing
- Home to the
- Highly skilled and experienced manufacturing workforce
- Excellent training resources
- Region trisected by I-40, I-75, I-81
- Competitive, reliable electric power