Situated in the middle of the Southern Automotive Corridor, East Tennessee is an ideal location for the automotive industry.
Tennessee offers a business friendly climate in a right-to-work state with competitive wages and trained workers.
The 15-county Knoxville region offers easy access to automotive plants throughout the South, advanced materials research at the University of Tennessee and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the 2nd best transportation infrastructure in the nation, ranked 3rd for best business climate and 10th in the cost of doing business. Tennessee offers a business friendly climate in a right-to-work state with competitive wages and trained workers.
Both suppliers and OEMs have found that our region offers many benefits to the automotive industry.
- More than 20 auto assembly facilities within 400 miles
- One-hour drive to Volkswagen's only US plant
- 50+ manufacturers producing assemblies and sub-assemblies from metal, plastics and textiles
- Access to world-class automotive and advanced materials research at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Location of the National Transportation Research Center
- Prime location at the juncture of Interstates I-75, I-40 and I-81
- Skilled and experienced automotive workforce