No matter the illness or injury, residents of the Knoxville-Oak Ridge region have access to advanced healthcare. Resources include a research hospital, trauma center, children's hospital and cancer center all nationally recognized for their capabilities. In addition, medical research is underway at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Award-winning facilities include:
- Blount Memorial Hospital
- Covenant Health (six hospitals in the region)
- East Tennessee Children's Hospital
- Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center
- Peninsula Behavioral Health
- Proton Therapy Center
- Tennova Healthcare (five hospitals in the region)
- Thompson Cancer Survival Center
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
With a population of over a half-million, the region employs more than 60,000 in the healthcare industry with a diversity of skills that support every aspect of healthcare. This includes 292 doctors per capita, 54 dentists per capita and over 2,600 staffed beds.
At costs 14% below the national average, 16 award winning regional medical centers provide the region with world-renowned specialties and services and a reputation for quality health care.