Tennessee's Fast Track Program is administered by the State of Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD). The program assists Tennessee communities in attracting companies, jobs and capital investment. There are three FastTrack programs
- FastTrack Job Training Assistance Program: Assists companies with relocation and training of new employees
- FastTrack Infrastructure Development Program: Helps communities develop public infrastructure to assist expanding or relocating companies
- FastTrack Economic Development Program: May be used to relocate or purchase equipment building repairs and improvements, etc.
Employee Recruitment and Screening
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Job Service Division, will provide recruitment and screening services. Utilizing the client/company's prepared job specifications, Job Service will recruit the number of persons requested by the company. Prospective employees will be screened using the company's specifications. Those that meet the specifications will be referred to the company for employment considerations.
• Leadership Training: Is directed toward providing supervisors, team leaders, and managers with the interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and lead production workers towards the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Team Training: Is provided for manufacturing/production employees where interpersonal communication is important in fostering interdependence, cooperation, commitment, motivation, etc.
• Instructor Certification: Certification of company personnel insures the availability of certified instructors not only at startup but also on a long- term basis. The weeklong certification seminar provides candidates with the facilitation skills necessary to deliver a wide range of programs.
State Industrial Access Program (SIAP)
Other state assistance can be considered for providing needed transportation improvement for the project. Through the State Industrial Access Program (SIAP), local governments submit their requests on behalf of new industry moving into their communities, which the Department of Transportation reviews to determine the most feasible design.
Industrial Revenue Bond Financing
Industrial Revenue bond financing is available in Tennessee for both taxable and tax-free situations.