With top primary/secondary schools, four community colleges, ten four-year colleges, four colleges of applied technology and one of the most respected university programs in the country, East Tennessee offers excellent education opportunities for everyone.
The State offers two-years of free tuition at a community or technical college to Tennessee high school graduates.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
As the state's flagship, UT Knoxville is among the nation's top public universities. UTK offers 900 programs in 11 colleges. Many of the 1,500 faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their contributions to research and teaching.
The University has major research programs in the fields of energy, polymer engineering, advanced and composite materials, biomedical sciences and geological sciences, many of which are leaders in the nation:
- The College of Engineering
- Nuclear engineering graduate program: Ranked 7th nationally
- Undergraduate program: Ranked 13th among public institutions
- The College of Business Administration
- Business undergraduate program: Ranked 27th in the nation among public institutions
- Supply chain management/ logistics program: Ranked 3rd nationally and 3rd globally
Eight UT programs, including logistics, law, education civil engineering and materials engineering are listed in the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings of top graduate programs