State Training Program
FastTrack Job Training Assistance Program (FJTAP)
Tennessee's state-funded FastTrack program makes grants to local governments to help meet public infrastructure requirements for locating and expanding industries and to address training needs. The company-oriented initiative to support industrial recruitment and expansion through direct training assistance for newly hired employees, employees in upgraded positions and employees retained through instruction. FJTAP staff works with the individual company to develop customized training plans and to provide funding.
Eligibility for FJTAP support and levels of funding for training assistance are determined by
- the amount of company investment
- the number of new hires
- the types of skills and knowledge to be obtained by prospective or newly hired employees
Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology
East Tennessee has four colleges of applied technology located in Campbell, Knox, Roane and Scott Counties.
- These premier providers of workforce development deliver:
- State-of-the-art technical training for a well-trained, skilled workforce
- Certificate and diploma programs in more than 50 distinct occupational fields
- Customized training for business and industry